We are sorry to hear this is happening! Here are some tips that usually work:
- check the purple bearings at each end of the bio wheel. Make sure they are properly in place, clean them, and rub a thin smear of silicone lubricant on them.
- remove the impeller and impeller house; remove debris, algae, hair, etc., from both, soak the impeller in distilled vinegar for 15 minutes, swab out the well of the motor with a q tip and vinegar, rinse everything well, re-seat all parts
- using a "baby bottle" style aquarium brush, clean out the intake tube
- water level in tank should be to bottom of top frame
- using a q tip only, no detergents, etc., swab gently between each fold on the bio wheel
If you are unable to resolve this issue, please contact us directly via 1-800-322-1266.
Date published: 2016-12-01