I have the sanibal stand for 75-90 gallon, it this safe for s 55 gallon to ?
No, it would not properly support a 55 gallon's pressure points since the 55 is more narrow.
Date published: 2014-10-06
Monterey Canopy openings
Does the Monterey canopy open up across the front for full access as well as having the smaller front swing out access doors? This would be for a standard 4' (90g) tank.
It just has the smaller swing out doors.
Date published: 2014-09-22
do you sell or where can i find sturdy already built aquarium stands... not something i can assemble myself that is already built....
......i mean either metal one piece welded or pre-built wood that is more sturdy than something like a tv stand that is put together with cam locks etc
Basically, through local fish stores. Visit our Buying Options link on the homepage, and go to store locator to find a store in your area.
Date published: 2014-09-08
use of marine plywood?
I have been told that you use marine plywood in your aquarium stands and that this is a huge plus as that plywood is quite expensive and of high quality; I see reference in your site only of water resistant wood...do you, in fact, use marine plywood or do you use treated wood designed for aquariums?
It depends on the stand. The Monterey is indeed made out of a marine plywood called Okoume Plywood.
Date published: 2014-09-07
Can the LED Aquatic Plant light be used with this hood?
If you are wondering if it can be used with a Monterey canopy, yes.
Date published: 2014-08-25
Monterey Canopy Height
What is the height of a 72" x 24" canopy? How many inches does the canopy overlap the tank?
It is 11.5" tall. I do not have the spec on how much it overlaps the tank, but a rough estimate would be 2-3 inches.
Date published: 2015-06-23
DD 150 questions
1) What are the dimensions of the openings (front, sides, back) of the stand?
2) What are the interior dimensions of the stand?
3) Are there upright braces in front and back?
4 ) How far back is the piano hinge on the canopy?
5) Is the back of the canopy essentially open?
6) Should extra waterproofing be applied to the inside of the canopy?
6) What finishes are available?
1. End panel openings L x H: 17.375 x 20; Front door opening width: (2) 10.000; height: 20.000; No info on back openings
2. 32.375 32.875 25.500 (l x w x h)
3. 1 rear brace, panels between door openings in front
4. don't have that information
5. No, although it has open areas
7. Black and red Oak
Date published: 2015-02-09